Are you participating in the Puberty, Emotion and Brain Study and want to fill out your questionnaires? Click here.
For most of our studies, participants will be asked to park in the Presbyterian Hospital Parking Garage or and walk to our lab area. Participants can also take city buses to our locations. Most studies will compensate for busing and can provide bus passes in advance as needed. Most of our studies take place in the Loeffler Building at 121 Meyran. PLEASE CONFIRM THE TIME, LOCATION, AND TRANSPORTATION INSTRUCTIONS for your visit, as different studies and visits will have different locations.
All UPMC and Pitt studies use the WePay system for compensation. Participants will be given a WePay card which can be used for any Pitt or UPMC study they participate in. Please be aware that WePay cards expire after about two years. If you loose your WePay card or want to know the amount on your card, please contact one of the studies you participated in. For full details on the WePay system and how it works, please see this brochure and this document.
Want to learn more about Pediatric research at Pitt? Check out Pediatric PittNet for details on research advances and how to get involved in different studies!
Check back for future updates to links regarding the following categories:
Brain Development and Analysis Resources
- Neuroscience for Kids: A collection of tools, games, worksheets and more for students and teachers to learn more about the brain
- AFNI: A set of tools and resources for analyzing, processing and displaying fMRI data
- Statistical Parametric Mapping (SPM): Packages and documentation for analysis of brain imaging data sequences
- Harvard: Whole Brain Atlas: Learn in detail about brain anatomy and disorders.
- Internet Analysis Tools Registry: A centrally available listing of image analysis tools for the neuroscience community.
- KidsHealth: Accessible information on puberty.
- The Beginner’s Guide to qEEG and EEG: A resources for understanding the history of EEG and what it measures.
- American Psychological Association
- American Psychological Society
- Society for Research in Child Development
- Society of Biological Psychiatry
- American College of Neuropsychopharmacology
- Society for Neuroscience
- Society for Psychophysiological Research
- International Society for Psychoneuroendocrinology
- Organization for the Study of Sex Differences
University of Pittsburgh Resources
- Developmental Affective Science Collective (DASC)
- Clinical & Translational Science Institute – Pittsburgh (CTSI)
- Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Center for the Neural Basis of Cognition (CNBC)
- Department of Psychiatry
- Department of Psychology